Saturday, October 1, 2016

Cleveland, OH

This is yesterday’s posting when I couldn’t get online.
T
oday I had to realize that my age starts to play a little role. Thought I could go on like for ever, but starting the road trip at 4am and keep running for 12 hours is just not advisable. The short breaks I took with even a little nap midways could not hold back my tiredness. And going 60mph down the highway while starting to nap off is even worse. So I pulled off the I-80 heading north to the busy city of Sandusky,OH where GPS Girl Gertie told me was a Wally World and plenty eating places. Sandusky is kind of a suburb of the bigger city of Cleveland. It’s still daylight now, but I just can’t go on. Google maps says it is 1700km home, which would make it 850/day or roughly 500 miles. That is doable and I will be back before October 3 as I have a scheduled job to do on that day. Bea called in and told me about another of these Cruise Ship jobs coming up on October 5. Well, I will not forget how to drive until then. 

Let’s see whether I can get a shut-eye now. 

1 comment:

  1. Rest up and relax, no sense over doing it on the road is not worth it.
    Safe travels..

    ReplyDelete

We like to hear from you. You can add your comment here: