Saturday, March 26, 2022

Homefeel

 I really thought this word would not exist in the english/american language, at least not spelled together, but rather like "Home Feel". 

Google taught me otherwise though. Apparently, there are Hotels and Inns, which use the word in their name or marketing. Of course, I didn't want to lecture you about english spelling. No, the reason for using the word "homefeel" in today's headline is that when I woke up on this first day at home after almost 5 months away, I had a "homefeel". Mind you, I slept on the couch in the living room, as the bedroom was frigid. Yet sleeping on the couch is not quite as comfortable than in a bed, I had the luxury of starting a fire in the woodstove at 5:30am and making a cup of coffee, all without waking my better half, who didn't mind a cold bedroom.

So "homefeel" is, in my opinion quite different from living in an RV. This is not meant as a critique against those RVers who have decided that their RV is a year-round home, but rather a self-learning experience for me, especially since years ago, I thought of starting a year-round life as an RV-tramp on the road. I still enjoy seeing new places, learning about them along the way, but I now know that it can't stand up against "homefeel".

Just imagine, yesterday we got home after a 3-hr drive in nasty rain weather. We got our tests done at the Health Center across from our border (didn't even had to pay for it) then went to the border where 2 officers rummaged through our trailer in search of what??? (they came up empty-handed) 

I phoned a couple of neighbours about our home-coming and promptly got a supper invitation. Yes, a seafood chowder and dessert was, what we enjoyed. So, think about it, we didn't have to cook ourselves in all the unpacking of the RV and getting back into order in the house. How nice is that?

Things like that, add to the "homefeel" for me. Another neighbour brought the remaining mail to the door and yet another friend had been waiting along the road when we rolled on to the island, honking her car horn. Amazing!

I think it's very healthy to get this renewal of "homefeel", once in a while. It makes us appreciate our homebeing, and our life so much more.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are safely home and enjoying your homefeel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homefeel is a great feeling and fire in the woodstove says it all...welcome home.

    ReplyDelete

We like to hear from you. You can add your comment here: