Sunday, June 8, 2014

No More Camp Fees For Me, But Lots Of Memories

After a very peaceful night at Wally World in Leduc, I pulled the trailer to the Lions Campground in town. I just didn’t want to leave it unhooked at Wally World while I was checking out my future “camp digs”. The Lions is close to downtown Leduc and that makes it a very popular place for travelers as well as seasonal residents, which results in a fully booked place.
IMG_9059
I got a spot, and it is at the end of  a long row. The spot is not level but I don’t care. It’s just for one night.
IMG_9048 IMG_9049
The Lions Campground does hold a few memories for us as we have been here a few times. The RV-Park itself may not be above average, but the surroundings sure are.
IMG_9047  Huge dog run. I remember Boomer and Molly in here
The city of Leduc made a multi-recreational paved pathway leading from residential areas in town out towards a beautiful lake and in a loop touching the campground before its running back to town.
IMG_9053 IMG_9054
Residents as well as park visitors appreciate the beautiful walk or bicycle ride, and bird watchers and nature lovers can just stand at the view platform by the lake observing all kind of local wildlife.
IMG_9052
While this night is still costing me $40,- I am looking forward to spend the rest of the summer without having to pay any camp fees. My host is Northern Lights Vacations and RV-sales. They are just getting ready to move into a new lot and were in need of a guard.

But you wouldn’t know how this connection was made. It started with me calling my former neighbours in Cold Lake asking for ideas about where I could stay in the big city. They happened to know “Jackson”, a local song artist who happened to know Roland of Northern Lights Vacations. My neighbours had told “Jackson” who is an Edmontonian, whether he knew a place in the city. And when “Jackson” talked to Roland, he heard that Roland was looking for someone guarding his lot. And there I came into the picture again. And tomorrow is moving time.
By the way, right across from my new digs is a regular campground. They might have a dump station…or what?
For the first time in 2 months I have a regular TV-reception again. At least it’s good for the News.

Thanks again for being here.

5 comments:

  1. You certainly lucked out. Sometimes it's nice when you know someone who knows someone who knows someone that you can fix you up. Glad you've finally found a permanent home -- for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jeri - sure am glad you found a place to stay and especially no campground fees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It' great to find a free space to stay...even better when it's in an area that you want to be in. I like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a better situation for you , and you can't beat free rent! I hope it works out well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Got behind on my Blog reading - Sure sounds like you were in the right place at the right time. Good for you. You need some good luck on your side !!

    ReplyDelete

We like to hear from you. You can add your comment here: