Tuesday, November 21, 2023

The Continuing Saga

 Aah...this was to be THE morning where we would receive a call letting us know that our van would be ready for pickup. After breakfast we did our Dixie-morning walk. It was a bit chilly when starting out, but warmed quickly so that I got rid of my sweater. The sky was super blue, not a single cloud to see.

Returning to camp site, Yves and Louise were up and outside with their coffees enjoying the nice morning. Chatting away with them the time flew by quickly. Since I had had a bad sleep last night, I napped a bit on the couch.

Before I knew it, it was lunch time. Hours ago, I had wondered why the shop hadn't called yet. So now I grabbed the phone and dialed their number. The news I got was simply devastating. The part from the GM-dealership had not arrived and after talking to the dealer it became clear that it was never shipped either.

What in the world?????

Yes, we would have to wait yet another day, but tomorrow, Wednesday, the part would definitely be in Ajo.

Honestly, I have given up all hope of getting the van back before Thanksgiving. Wednesday will be the last day before everything closes until Monday or even Tuesday which will then mark 14 days here at Why, when the plan was 3-4 days only.

I am furious about such sloppy business attitude and wonder whether I have landed in a desolate part of Africa or whether this indeed is the United States.

So here we are awaiting another day in the Arizona desert.



2 comments:

  1. Why is not a bad place to be waiting. Imagine being stranded in New Jersey with the east coast winter storm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, Peter, Bea and Dixie. But there certainly are many worse places to be 'stuck'!
    Happy Thanksgiving from PA.

    ReplyDelete

We like to hear from you. You can add your comment here: