Monday, December 27, 2021

Walmart's Mail Order Service

2 weeks ago I ordered a clamp-on RV-bumper hitch receiver for our hitch carrier. The plan was to use the carrier on the rear bumper of the trailer but it looks like I have to scrap that plan. After researching availability online I found that Walmart had the part as a mail order. Shipping was only a few bucks, so I went ahead and ordered it.

Today, I picked up the package at the Holtville Post Office. I was a bit amazed about the light weight of the parcel. Shouldn't it be heavier?

Back again at camp I opened it and what I saw made me speechless. Instead of finding the solid steel receiver tube with clamps, I was greeted with 2 neatly fitting packages of PEACH OATS!!!!

No, I'm not kidding! And there was nothing else, except some bubble plast. Next I checked was the order number, which was identical with my order confirmation. 

So what to do? Was this a joke, or a simple mistake or was this the works of a criminal warehouse worker?

I tend to think the latter.

After doing some pondering I got back in the van and went over to the El Centro Walmart. Customer service was just as surprised as I was.

Supervisor arrives and asks me: "Sir, do you want a refund or the actual part?"

Me: If you gonna send me another parcel are there gonna be rice crispies next time instead of the part? No, I think I prefer the refund.

And that's what happened. Minutes later I had an email from Walmart with the refund message.

So what do you think? is there a thief at work at the Walmart warehouse, replacing package content with something worthless and stealing the original part? Or did this happen due to a computer failure?

2 comments:

  1. At least you got a refund. My package just did not show up even though it was "delivered".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoot, I've had excellent WalMart service, sometimes showing up days early.
    Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete

We like to hear from you. You can add your comment here: