Saturday, February 18, 2017

California Dreamin

Even though we still have winter and right now tons of snow in the yard, this is the time we are looking forward to and enjoying the sunny days. The sun is already showing her power to warm up our soul and our surroundings. And it was very well noticeable today when the temps again crept up above the zero mark. And lo and behold, tomorrow it’s gonna climb to +6C (43F).

1-DSC_15951-DSC_1602

And since it is Saturday (again) I was listening to my 3hr-long favorite CBC French music program with titles from days long, long gone.

 

 

And there it was: California Dreamin, one of my favorite songs from my younger days.

But truth be told, actually I am NOT dreaming of California, especially not now, when storms and torrential rainfalls are battering the state. No, I am perfectly happy where I am. Life is good and we are enjoying these peaceful days towards  the beginning of spring

https://youtu.be/N-aK6JnyFmk  (enjoy the music)

CALIFORNIA DREAMIN

All the leaves are brown (all the leaves are brown)
And the sky is grey (and the sky is grey)
I've been for a walk (I've been for a walk)
On a winter's day (on a winter's day)
I'd be safe and warm (I'd be safe and warm)
If I was in L.A. (if I was in L.A.)

California dreamin' (California dreamin')
On such a winter's day

Stopped into a church
I passed along the way
Well, I got down on my knees (got down on my knees)
And I pretend to pray (I pretend to pray)
You know the preacher like the cold (preacher like the cold)
He knows I'm gonna stay (knows I'm gonna stay)

California dreamin' (California dreamin')
On such a winter's day

All the leaves are brown (all the leaves are brown)
And the sky is grey (and the sky is grey)

3 comments:

  1. We are enjoy south east California, not too bad here, one windy day and a light rain for 24 hours, but no problems here.
    Glad that spring is moving right along for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember well winter days in Ontario how we would so much look forward to those 40 degree days. It was like magic to feel a touch of the Sun's warm on one's face and see those patches of moisture here and there where snow had begun to melt. Do I miss those days? Well sure I do sometimes and I know we will experience them again at some point in the not too distant future.

    ReplyDelete

We like to hear from you. You can add your comment here: