Monday, January 13, 2014

Rolling Thunder Drives Molly To Hide Under The Table

I really feel sorry for her. Molly is scared of any sound resembling thunder or shooting. And while the military checked out whether their bombs are able to explode and thunder clouds darkened this afternoon, Molly had a hell of a time.
And YES, we are back to normal north Florida weather. It’s the all-too-well-known pitter patter on the roof.
DSC_0119 DSC_0118
Blue skies….just a memory of yesterday

The early morning wasn’t too bad though. It just didn’t last too long. Thunder was prevailing all afternoon and it got so bad that I disconnected from our shore power and rather started our HONDA instead.
DSC_0147 DSC_0149
So the day was mostly spent cooped up inside. Reading a novel, watching TV and some computing was all we did. Bea even got around to a little healthy nap.
DSC_0144 DSC_0137
What I didn’t mention in yesterday’s post was that we stopped by the Armament Museum. It displays a full range of all kind of military airplanes and helicopters.
DSC_0143 DSC_0157
Oh-Oh a spy…what’s she seeing…?                         …an armored vehicle…oh dear!

The museum itself was closed as it was Sunday but the outdoor planes can be viewed at all times. I can imagine that it must be quite fascinating for someone being interested in military history. Unfortunately I am not that guy. But I have to admit that the sheer size of the exhibited planes are stunning.
DSC_0153 DSC_0152
Give me some old historical buildings and you’d see a happy guy. I remember that we visited a number of the old mission forts in Texas and Arizona. Those are great places. I also like the ancient ruins of the indigenous American tribes or the Ghost towns of the old west.

While I’m at it I’m wondering whether you had a good time yesterday. What? You didn’t notice that yesterday was International No-Pants-Day???
Hey, rest assured, I didn’t know either. That is until Bea dug it up from the internet.
It made me think that our world is going completely bonkers. What the hell is going on in the heads of those who part with their pants on the subways?

Here’s about the “history” of “No-Pants-Day”:
No Pants Day is an event celebrated on two different occasions per year, one held in January, the other on first Friday of May each year. The origin goes back to 10 January 1986, when a New York City resident forgot accidentally to wear his pants and boarded a New York subway pantless. He was embarrassed, but at the same time was thrilled with the grins and giggles wherever he went. The following year, he was joined by tens of other pantless friends and this has snowballed into an international event held on January and May of each year.
no-pantsday  image
Nothing more to report from here, folks.

See ya!

1 comment:

  1. I saw that "no-pants" day too and I have to agree with you. People must be totally bonkers!

    ReplyDelete

We like to hear from you. You can add your comment here: