Thursday, December 14, 2023

As Christmas Is Slowly Settling In

Some readers who know me from previous blog postings (aka Christmas postings) are aware of me being a total Christmas nut. Matter of fact I have been exposed to sooo many beautiful Christmas celebrations that Christmas has become an integral part of me. Beginning in my early childhood days with parents who knew how to create the Christmas spirit for their son, I have carried these rich traditions with me all my life. I need Christmas music and candle lights like I also need daily food on the table. 

Naturally, snow and deep forests would help, but I have gotten used to this southern climate where I can greet Christmas in shorts and T-shirts. And when the sun sets on the western horizon around 4:30pm and darkness comes after 5pm, our outside Christmas tree decorated and illuminated with solar LED lights starts flickering its lightshow for the passerbys. Inside we are having a light chain around the dining slide-out to throw a golden shine around. 

Tonight we are also having a very thin sliver of the moon in the south-west. 

Looking west towards San Diego

I think the combination of warm days with beautiful walks along the scenic canal with the alure of Christmas has a special attraction for me.

And Bea is always on the look-out for the rare bird she hasn't yet taken a picture off. 

So you see, Christmas happiness has arrived with us. 

And today we are especially happy. After a week of having trouble with our Schwintek bedroom slide-out, we were able to solve the technical challenge. First we had to replace one of the slide-out motors, once that was in place it turned out that the whole thing had to be synchronized to pull in and out evenly. I finally figured out how to do this and this morning a call of victory went out from the bedroom. 

Together with the repair of the water heater these do-it-yourself repairs have saved us a couple of thousand dollars.

When I experienced my recent arthritis attack, it became clear that it is imperative that Bea also knows how to drive and handle this trailer. Otherwise, any emergency could end with us getting stuck with this rig in the south. So Bea's trailer driving lessons are to be scheduled and once that is going on, you will find another posting about it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Bea.... I shall be thinking about you as Peter attempts to guide you in the art of driving while pulling a travel trailer! I hope he's a patient and capable teacher and that you will be an A+ student. :-)
    Here's wishing you both the very best.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Peter
    Ihr habt ja momentan den richtigen Platz und reichlich Zeit damit Bea mit dem Wohnwagen fahren üben kann👍aber möchte Sie das auch gerne? Sag ihr bitte auch ganz liebe Grüße und genießt die schöne Weihnachtszeit in der Wüste 👍😘🙋‍♀️🐕

    ReplyDelete

We like to hear from you. You can add your comment here: