Thursday, October 8, 2015

A Voice From Beyond

Last week the Swedish author Henning Mankell passed away. After 3 years he lost his battle with lung cancer. I knew that Henning had cancer, but there are many people surviving the illness. Henning was not to be among them.

Why am I writing about this?

I met Henning when I was a stage technician at “Teatret VĂ¥rt” in Norway. That was back in 1977. Besides becoming the very succesful author of the Wallander crime novel series, Henning had several engagements with the Norwegian Theatre. Henning loved theatre.

When I saw a story published at the Guardian I found a video where Henning speaks about aspects of art in general. I watched the video and when I heard his voice I remembered him vividly from the day I met him as a young man.
Henning-Mankell---What-ha-014      (click the picture to find the video in english)

Henning was only 4 years older than me.

R.I.P Henning.

If you’d like to read about Henning Mankell’s work here is a link to follow: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henning_Mankell

No comments:

Post a Comment

We like to hear from you. You can add your comment here: