Being passionate dry-campers we need to be independent, or close to independent in terms of services from outside.
The last two winters were spent in our Beaver Motorhome. first thing I did then was mounting 1200W solar panels on the roof. We hardly ever used the generator after that.
This year, we leave the Beaver at home, due to outrageous diesel prices. Instead, we revert to our travel trailer pulled by our Chev Express van. A little better fuel mileage and the lower price of reg. gas will be more budget-friendly, though still way more expensive tha last year. Funny enough Repubs don't complain about it.
But the trailer doesn't have much solar on the roof, so I ordered 4 extra 200W-panels. When they arrived a few days ago, one was broken. (FEDEX) I got a refund for it, and today it was time to mount the other 3. Btw. the panels came from HQST in California.
I decided to do it the same way as I did on the motorhome using double-sided Eternabond, strut channels and slotted angle irons. This method allows mounting solar panels without drilling into the roof. Extra use of self-leveling caulking provides an even stronger bond.
![]() |
| Eternabond, strut channel and slotted cross-bars |
And while I was using the trailer roof gym area, Bea was going after her own business. For several weeks she has been a dog-walker for a neighbour lady who had a surgery. Her dog, Rory, a labradoodle of sorts, was a bit of a hand-full to begin with. So Bea put her dog-training skills to use and is already seeing great success in the change of Rory`s behavior.
Today, Rory`s owner had a day-long errand in the big city, so Rory stayed with us. And what can I say, it was fun watching Dixie and Rory getting along with eachother.
It is pouring down right now, but tomorrow I will start connecting the panels to the new MPPT charge controller.

.jpeg)
.jpeg)


No comments:
Post a Comment
We like to hear from you. You can add your comment here: