Saturday, February 5, 2022

Sick In The Desert

 Just imagine it, one night you wake up drenched in sweat and when daylight arrives you are having a sore throat and are coughing and sneezing and feel totally out of it. And imagine there is a pandemic out there and you get scared that you have picked it up somewhere.

Those were my thoughts exactly, a couple of days ago. First thing after that night was to send Bea to town to get a home test.


The result was negative, but that didn't make me happy camper yet. Meanwhile a headache had appeared and later a slight fever. Geez.....have merci!

Could I trust that home test? Bea had bought 2 of them, but I haven't taken the second one. On the other hand, I was contemplating that IF it was Covid wouldn't Bea have it as well? The devil is in the details, as they say, but Bea is still doing just fine. It has been many years ago that I have had a cold like this, and it wasn't the flu either, cause I had no muscle aches. And I guess the flu would have struck down good, I mean flat out on the bed.

I am currently driving myself through the day, trying to get out in the sun, alternating with relaxing on the couch. 

Good thing it's sunny around here, even though it could be a wee bit warmer. 68F or 20C is not an overly warm day out here, and the nights have been bitterly cold down to the freezing mark. But it is looking up for the next week as we will reach 82F (28C) by the end of next week. Well, I guess we will seek refuge in the shade behind the rig. Are we never happy? It might seem so, but then again, even a bad day here is a better day than a good day home. 

Above: A Good Day at home
A good day in the desert
So, I guess we are happy enough to be here. If just that cold would be gone.

2 comments:

We like to hear from you. You can add your comment here: