Saturday, March 12, 2016

Homewards We Went

Yesterday we left the gastronomical delicacies of Montreal behind us and went home. After 10 Hours on the road incl. various stops at several gas stations, fast-food joints and roadside parking areas we passed through Campobello Customs at exactly 7:45pm ADT. I dropped off my passengers and was home before half past eight. My two girls were happy to see me again in one piece, even though tired as can be expected.
At 10pm I called it quits and sank into my pillows.

This morning ran up with a clear sky and lots of hopes to relax. But of course, some things needed to be done, like f.ex take a shopping trip for groceries and cleaning up the van inside and out. Somehow I hate dirty vehicles. Maybe a man thing, who knows. Weather was really great even though it could have been a lot warmer if the wind wouldn’t have picked up, threatening to blow off the last little rest of my hair. But I had a great walk with Molly in the sun.
1-DSC_0693
Summer homes up the road are still looking a little too empty, but their owners will come soon lending life to this fantastic great little place I call home. Coming home to Campobello is the real thing. It gives me the greatest feelings of all – the feeling of belonging some place. Must have to do with my progressing age that I feel that way.

Tonight we are going through the procedure of switching to daylight saving time. What a fraud this really is. Have you ever saved time when switching to summertime or, worse LOST an hour when you go back to Standard Time?

I didn’t think so.

And that’s how far we go today, folks. Have a great Sunday, relax and take life the easy way.

1 comment:

  1. As you know, you don't really lose it. It's just adjusting the daylight hours.

    ReplyDelete

We like to hear from you. You can add your comment here: