Monday, April 29, 2013

On A Short Note

First of all I want to thank you all for your birthday wishes to Bea. She asked me to do this as she actually doesn’t blog here. It was the last thing she said before she left me at the Concord Coach Lines Terminal in Bangor, ME.
1-DSC_0003
We had been there early- 2hrs early - as Bea would have to drive back alone and had planned a bit of shopping in Ellsworth, ME.
While I was waiting I had a conversation with a Vietnam Vet, whose main problem was that his cigarette smoking was killing him. yet every 30 minutes he was outside getting another one. Well, he sure didn’t look healthy to me.
So much for smoke addiction.

The bus left on time and the only stop this coach was making, was in Augusta,ME.

A taxi brought me the few miles out to the Comfort Inn where they have nice rooms with a coffee maker. This one is just 1 mile from the Portland Jetport, so I don’t have to get up too early. Flight is leaving at 8am which would put me into Ft.Lauderdale at 1.45pm. I overheard two ladies at the reception desk who had just arrived from Florida and could tell that the temps down there were around 86F. Together with the usual Florida humidity it might knock me flat out.

And that’s about all for today. As they they on commercial websites: Check back often!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Bea - I know I'm late but I didn't read any blogs the last couple days. Good luck in Florida. Hopefully the humidity isn't too too awful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must have missed (or forgotten) the reason why you are going to Florida. But, whatever it is - good luck and safe travels. Hmmmm....maybe it was to look at or pick-up a passenger van??

    ReplyDelete

We like to hear from you. You can add your comment here: