Sunday, May 13, 2012

We called her Speedy

There are many of us out there, who cannot hug their mom anymore. But our spirits and her spirit are still connected until it will be our time to be with the Lord. It is the circle of life, but yet our mind is too small to deal with that reality. It takes a lot of time to accept that mom isn’t around anymore. I haven’t reached that point yet. I struggle with it many days.
Mom was a person who loved to do things the most efficient way and she was fast. That’s why we started to call her Speedy. Speedy after Speedy Gonzales the fastest mouse of Mexico. The name stuck and once in a while when Dad took the phone and mom wasn’t around he would say ‘Speedy is in the garden’ or ‘Speedy went to the grocery store. Things like that. But normally Speedy was on the phone when we called. And we greeted her by her nickname SPEEDY.

If YOU still have your mom, call her often or go and see her. There will be a day when you can’t do it anymore.

6 comments:

  1. I called my Mom on Skype and we had a good talk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. even as we get older we still need our Mom's..your's sounded like she was a real 'speed demon'!..sorry you couldn't hug or talk to her today..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice post. I had a great grandma by the nickname of Speedy. I wonder if she got that nickname because she was fast doing things too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice post. Your enduring love for your mom is very evident.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post I am lucky can still vivit my mom, three times last week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lost my Mom twenty years ago, great advise for those that still do. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete

We like to hear from you. You can add your comment here: