The weather forecast was wrong again. It should have been raining this afternoon, but it stayed dry and even Mrs. Sun peeked around the clouds. Days like this are a signal for me to get very busy. Sitting inside on a day like today feels to me like a total loss. I need to be outside and create something which in the end will have a value and by that I don’t mean money. The pleasure I have by being active and ‘tooling' around can never be paid in money. You will remember that I announced a picture for today. A picture of a window which is no window. Bea wanted a window on the wall of the shed pointing towards the street, but I have already built shelves on the inside, and I really needed that space for my tools. So, the next best thing to do was make a false window on the wall. It required window trim and some paint. Now, what I want to do is painting a few flowers (Geranium) however, I need red paint and I didn’t have any today. So the picture is without flowers. But we made sure that the curtains are visible.
With the ‘window’ done I started to nail yellow shingles on the wall. The shingles make that window look even more real, especially if you view it from the street ---- which was the whole purpose of it. Bea says that she was harassed by some nasty flies today. And sure enough I saw one crawling in her face. She was working in the former raspberry jungle preparing part of it for lawn seeding. While I was working only 70 feet away I did not encounter a single fly.
Yesterday I noticed that we were running short on bread, and instead of making a trip to the grocer, I decided to try my hand at baking one myself. After scrounging for flour in our kitchen cupboard I found a conglomerate of several flour leftovers, like whole wheat, buck wheat and the normal “All-Purpose Flour”. I mixed all sorts together and had them into a prepared yeast soup. Th whole dough had to be worked over by hand (we don’t have a bread baking gadget) and be aside to rising. In the evening I had it all into our round spring form pan and baked it 40 minutes at 350F. I br The result can be seen here:
It has a great taste
It seems that it is finally warming up a bit. After all we are in the month of May.
And I have nothing more to say other than Thank You for being on this page!