Friday, June 8, 2012

A varied Day

Looking at today’s pictures I find that this day was one with a lot of different facets. It all started with a hurried trip through Maine to St. Stephen where we had to initial and sign a few more of those official looking business documents.
I lost count of how many times I had to put my name on “important” papers.
DSC_0114-mi
     The La Croix River – border between the USA and Canada
But at least it was a beautiful day with a nice blue sky. The 50-mile drive was actually very enjoyable. We combined with 3 errands and were back through the border and home at noon.
 
DSC_0125--mi 
St. Stephen is a very “sweet” town. If you think I am talking about architecture I have to disappoint you. Nope, I’m talking about the Chocolate Museum and the Ganong Chocolatier in town. These are places I cannot stop at, cause if I do I’m gonna start…..eating chocolate.

Whew…
DSC_0128 DSC_0126-mi
In the “old” days we used to have chocolate in the house. Not anymore. It’s too dangerous. Like when I passed that cupboard where the good stuff was kept. My feet would end up right in front of that cupboard and my hands would not listen to my command anymore, but open up the cupboard, grab the chocolate and make away with it. And Bea is known to do the same.

After lunch Bea grabbed paint-roller and the interior paint and put the finishing touch on our bed room walls.
DSC_0145-mi
Meanwhile I started on our highway sign. I transferred the graphic image of the lighthouse to a 4x8 marine-grade plywood.
DSC_0132-mi DSC_0141-mi
While I did that I had my little portable radio on and listened to Maine Public Radio which indeed is the only station a guy like me would found it worthwhile listening to.
Under the title “Walking down memory lane” they brought wonderful music from 1912 to 1960.

I could listen to that kind of music the entire day. It makes me a “Happy Camper”.
DSC_0121-mi
Molly looking forward to us
DSC_0140-mi
Our “window” now with flowers and hummingbird feeders
Thanks for stopping by again!

6 comments:

  1. Chocolate is always my downfall. Especially Ghiradelli's chocolates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I could have resisted visiting either of those chocolate shops. It's good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just love your window box! Being diabetic, I shouldn't do the chocolate either, but I do..... once in a while. I break the chocolate bar up in small pieces, put it in a baggie in the freezer. When I feel the "urge" coming on, I take ONE piece and just let it melt in my mouth....:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your window, the curtains, the flowers and the hummingbird feeder. Days with lots of variety are best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those Ganong chocolates good thing we don't live closer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the window...sweet....also love St. Stephen...one of our favorite places...and I love love molly just want to kiss her face off..

    ReplyDelete

We like to hear from you. You can add your comment here: