Wednesday, July 31, 2013

She Hit A Rock With A Big Bang And A Neighbour Was Helping Out

Even though the grass is growing somewhat slower now it still requires to be mowed from time to time. The day was good enough for that, the grass had dried after last nights dew and I had already done a good deal with our old no, make that “ancient”, push mower. Bea had taken over for another part when I suddenly heard a major BANG outside. At the same second the motor noise of the mower stopped.
DSC_0032
What the h…. did she hit a big rock?  When I looked out the window I saw her scraping the underside of the mower. 10 minutes later Bea was coming up the stairs. The mower didn’t start! 

I went down to try my luck, but all I heard was a mighty clatter and then it died. There was no further signs of life in the old Tecumseh engine. It was stone dead.

Alright, we needed a new mower and quick!

While I went on the internet looking for mower deals, Bea went to the pharmacy to get her medication. When she returned she had talked to a neighbour who had told her about 2 older lawn mowers in their garage and whether I wouldn’t want to get up there to have a look.

I grabbed the gas can and was gone in an instant.

Her is what I found:
 mowers
It started right away after I had filled up with fresh gas. It has a Briggs&Stratton engine and by Golly they are good – as long as you don’t hit a rock. My offer t
o buy the thing was declined. I could either just take it or it would remain in the garage. Talk about having super nice neighbours!
 
Want to know the real good part of it?  It is actually self-propelled. It does run by itself and we don’t have to push it uphill like the old ancient one.
1-DSC_0031
Thanks for dropping by!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Our son's mower died and he's looking for a new one. Too bad his neighbor doesn't have a cople extra ones in their garage so he could luck out like you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great neighbors you have! It's too hot to mow here in Texas, but mowing grass is one of my favorite summer jobs... I'd be mowing that grass for you if I were there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great neighbors. But it's too bad they came to the rescue so soon and you didn't get much of a chance to rest. lol Love the Molly picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta love those neighbors, you sure got a good deal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The machine I bought this spring is self propelled. It's awesome. I don't think I'd ever go back to having to push.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In the end, it was a good thing that old push mower quit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our mower has not started for 3 years. Think I might have to buy a cow.......

    ReplyDelete

We like to hear from you. You can add your comment here: