Follow this blog by Email

Monday, January 9, 2017

The Weather Gadget Was Lying Today

It is rare that I get out of bed before 6am, but today I was downstairs at 5:30am. And I didn’t know about it until I was passing the electric display clock on our cook stove. Boy it was cold here, so I got some coffee going real quick. Then Molly woke up and I let her out. GEEEEZ….this felt REALLY cold and when I looked at the thermometer it showed-19C (-2.2F) Brrr…I did need that hot coffee now. After getting the wood stove going, I turned on the Internet.
Below: Ice Flowers on the window 
1-DSC_1064The gadget I have on this page was showing –16C. A blank lie!  We had – 19C and I had seen it myself on our outside thermometer. Of course there was also the Wind-chill around –25C!  (-13F)
Now, 7hrs. later, it is still –15C (5F)
1-DSC_1062
The sun is out and from the inside it looks like a beautiful day, but all beauty
“disappears” when stepping outside. The cold is biting into my skin and I put my gloved hand in front of my mouth.
1-DSC_1066
We had parked the Buick down by the road and it refused any attempt of starting the engine. But our 2 vans were starting right up, so I had a jumper cable over to the Buick, which made the Buick roar back to life. A quick trip across the border I did with one of the vans, then back home cozying up in front of the stove. The east coast rarely gets this cold. And I know it’s gonna warm up again from tomorrow. So no sweat here.

I’m gonna run an extension cord over to the Buick to keep the battery charged up.

StreepEvery morning I use some time to check on National and International News. 2-3 Scandinavian, 2 German, 1 British, 1 Canadian and 3-4 American news sources are on the agenda. This morning I saw Meryl Streep speaking out at the Golden Globe Award. She was in every news magazine. Her speech was right on the spot. That lady got world-wide attention when she called out President-Elect Trump without even ever mentioning his name. Well done Mrs. Streep!
And wouldn’t you know it, the man-child who cannot take any criticism, lashed out against her right away, calling the world-class actor “overrated” and denying that he had ever mocked a disabled reporter under one of his rallies. He must have forgotten that he had a witnessing audience.
What a bad move on his part.

1 comment:

  1. And I thought 39F down here in Florida this morning was cold....I stand corrected !! I guess Dumpf only likes it when his buddy Putin is praising him.

    ReplyDelete

We like to hear from you. You can add your comment here:

States we've visited

This application is created by interactive maps.
You can also have your visited states map on your site.

If you see this message, you need to upgrade your flash player.
Make your visited states mapJavaScript charts