Thursday, November 16, 2023

Update On The Ongoing Problems

 When, the van first got to the repair shop, which also is a NAPA Auto Parts store, the word was that it would take a week. if not more to get the parts. And it was explained as the result of a recent strike of the UAW and of course the fact that the parts would have to come from Kentucky.

I was not a happy camper with that, so I started phoning another NAPA store in Phoenix. I was stunned to learn that parts would be available there. So why hadn't the folks here in Ajo found this. I asked them to please call the Ajo store with relevant information. While checking on the progress this morning, I learned that the Phoenix store had not made the call and that the parts had already been ordered from Kentucky and would be overnighted to Ajo with arriving either Friday or Saturday. By Monday morning, the van would be fixed and ready from the middle of the day.

OK, at least we got that time line and I have no problems with it, as we are in a great place with our friends near by.

Weather was a little over cast today but plenty warm enough to take meals outside. 

 

And speaking of meals, Louise had made a huge load of spaghetti with meat sauce and I delivered the dessert - Flapjacks with Apple sauce. All was yummy!

First half of the afternoon was relaxing time, Bea napped, while I was outside listening to my favorite music channel.

With coffee cup in hand we then continued playing board games outside. Yves won twice and I won once.

Meanwhile, Dixie pretended to sleep, (or was she?) but alerted us immediately when a motorbike rumbled through the area. Dixie is the perfect guardian dog.



Old dried out tree remnant found under our desert walk. Can you see the shape of a goat head?

1 comment:

  1. I see the old goat! ;-)
    Glad you can make the best of this situation. Time spent with friends is special.:-)

    ReplyDelete

We like to hear from you. You can add your comment here: