Thursday, September 1, 2011

September 01


Got it done
Delivery this morning at 10.00am.: Gutters, 3/4" plywood, deck sealant, and a BRAND NEW ANGLE GRINDER. Didn't take me long to get started with the metal roofing. Cut them down to the required 99" and pushed them up my ladder. Positioning them correctly took a bit of time as they must be in a strict 90-degree angle from the roof edge. Put 3 in a row before starting to screw them down.



While I was working on the top level, Bea had taken position down below and having a ball with the new yellow paint. Well, she was in the shade and I was boiling in the sun. No problem!


When I was checking my emails today I had two nice jokes to laugh about. Here they are:


Too slow!
Sitting on the side of the road waiting to catch speeding drivers, a Massachusetts State trooper sees a car puttering along at 24 mph. He thinks to himself, "This driver is as dangerous as a speeder!" So he turns on his lights and pulls the driver over.

Approaching the car, he notices that there are five elderly ladies - two in the front seat, and three in the back, wide-eyed and white as ghosts. The driver, obviously confused, says to him, "Officer, I don't understand. I was going the exact speed limit. What seems to be the problem?" The trooper, trying to contain a chuckle, explains to her that "24" was the Route number, not the speed limit. A bit embarrassed, the woman grinned and thanked the officer for pointing out her error. "But before you go, Ma'am, I have to ask, "is everyone in this car OK? These women seem awfully shaken."
"Oh, they'll be all right in a minute, officer. We just got off Route 128."





Too Cheap


Two Alberta Farmers were looking at a Sear Catalog and admiring the models.
One says to the other,"Have you seen the beautiful girls in this catalog?"


The second one replies: "Yes they are very beautiful. And look at the prices?"


The First one says, with wide eyes: "Wow, they aren't very expensive. At this price, I'm buying one."
The second Farmer smiles and pats him on the back. "good idea! order one and if she's as beautiful as she is in the catalog, I will get one too."


Three weeks later, the youngest Farmer asks his friend: "Did you ever receive the girl you ordered from the Sear catalog? The second Farmer replies: "No, it shouldn't be long now. I got her clothes yesterday!"

1 comment:

We like to hear from you. You can add your comment here: