Friday, December 16, 2016

FROZEN

FROZEN
I
t turned out to be the coldest day we have experienced on the island.  Day temps never climbed above –15C (5F) and the wind chill makes us feel it like –34C (-29F) Winds remained strong throughout the day and it was hard to breathe when outside. So our outings were kept at a minimum. I had an early meeting at the Roosevelt Park but was more than happy to get back home. However, the setting sun made me go outside again and I drove down to Friar’s Bay and the Mulholland lighthouse. From the protective interior of my van I snapped of my pictures.
1-DSC_0790
1-DSC_0791-001
1-DSC_0792
1-DSC_0795
1-DSC_0795-001
It was spectacular to watch the frost smoke (also called Ice fog) moving along over the water. In fact, under my morning drive there was a lot more of it and it had frosted all trees, but the ice had fallen off again and I didn’t have my camera along this morning.

1-DSC_0802
1-DSC_0809
1-DSC_0807
1-DSC_0803
1-DSC_0805

2 comments:

  1. It might be cold but it sure is beautiful! I'm pretty happy that we're in Arizona right now though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now Peter you know how important it is to carry your camera with you 'at all times'. Some nice photos you have there.

    ReplyDelete

We like to hear from you. You can add your comment here: