Thursday, June 29, 2017

Lawn Tractor Fixed, Lawn Mowed And Firewood Stacked

When morning came, I had one major thing on my mind. I had to get the lawn mower running. Yesterday’s sputtering engine was only a part success. Armed with a screwdriver I started by removing the air filter. Next I removed the jet valve again. I found a slim nail and started poking through the valve stem. Soon the tiny holes on the side showed some dirt in the opening. I continued this procedure for several minutes until I was convinced that the thing was clean.

1-DSC_0025After remounting the valve I started the engine and it was running low idle. Adjusting the idle and mixture screws brought the RPM up to full speed.

I have never been great to repair engines and machinery, but this time I didn’t do too bad.

Now it was time to check out whether it would hold up for the mowing.

It did in a grand way. 1-20170629_18562890 minutes later I had done the entire property. The lawn tractor had been running like a Mercedes. I was already looking forward to Bea coming home from work, for nothing pleases a man more than showing off to his wife what he has accomplished. lol.

Next “accomplishment” would be to stack firewood in my “under-construction-shed”. But it turned out to be a hot day and there was not even a cooling breeze behind my garage. Pretty soon I was doused in sweat. Time to take a break and change to shorts. I celebrated with an ice cream and a coffee in the shade of our porch. Ahhh….

1-20170629_185653

The last achievement for the day was building a door for my shed. Some old wood was joined with new wood and I got a door. I put on a hasp and it didn’t look half bad.

1-20170629_185639

Bea’s garden is also coming along pretty good. We have already harvested the first lettuce heads and radishes.

1-DSC_0023

1-DSC_00121-DSC_0016

3 comments:

  1. I also got a free Craftsman riding mower some years back...I was out for a morning walk in Seattle and saw this poor thing with flat tyres sitting on the parking strip of a house.
    I left a note on the door with my # and said I'd haul it away for free..The owner called me and told me it was mine.
    I drove one of my cars over with my sis and a compressor..She towed me the 10 blocks just cracking up with how we looked.
    Within an hour I had it running and it too was the carb...I think "BRUTE" has been mowing my acres swell for the past 8 years..Not in Seattle anymore, Chelan Wa...I smile everytime I turn the key and off we go!..What a deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Peter! Knew you could do it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice that you got the tractor running much better again, makes the lawn mowing much easier.

    ReplyDelete

We like to hear from you. You can add your comment here: