Tuesday, April 16, 2024

The Destination For The Day

Over the recent couple of days I woke up knowing that I could turn around and sleep some more. 

Not so today! A faint light was visible through the roof hatch and I kinda knew, it was time to get up and get ready. Ready for another day of traveling and making another 400 miles towards home.

Breakfast was ready in a record-breaking speed and then the usual procedure continued to the point that I tried to hitch on the trailer. But this morning the hitch ball wouldn't cooperate. Even though, I got it right in place, the locking wouldn't work. After more than 30 minutes trying I just pulled the trailer out of the campsite with an unlocked hitch. As soon as I parked it along the camp road the locking went into place. Never had that happen before!

Next stop was the dump station and then we got driving. We avoided to get into the Columbus rush hour by bypassing the city via Hwy 4 through a number of small towns and villages, all which made an incredible proper and clean impression on us. I mean some places you might see run-down houses with garbage strewn around, but not in Ohio! People take pride in their properties and it shows.

So today we made to between Buffalo, NY and Rochester, NY


Yes, there are wineries in upstate New York



3 comments:

  1. You went through my neck of the woods, I see. :-) I'll bet you can almost smell the salty air! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your travels will continue.
    Be Safe and take the time to Enjoy it.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you back on the road again.

    ReplyDelete

We like to hear from you. You can add your comment here: