Monday, July 3, 2017

Ole Man Dancin’ In The Shop

It was a hot day, and it was July 3rd. To get out of the burnin’ sun I had myself in my shop workin’ at some new project of beautification of our balcony railing.

1-20170703_134125 1-20170703_134138

Pretty soon I was feelin’ for some music, so I got  one of my ole portable radios out into the shop. Had also grabbed 2 ole music cassettes and dropped one right in. It was Lacy J Dalton and the tune was 16th Avenue. Before I knew it, I was swingin my ole bones around in the sawdust. Holy Moses…. what a mighty fine tune this really was. Why had I never played this tape before?

We don’t have many neighbours around our place and the few we have were not home this afternoon, and if they had been and seen me hoppin’ around in the shop they would probably be thinkin’ “look at that ole fool in there”.

So, Canada Day is over but we have a looong weekend in Canada as everybody is still celebrating 150 years of being a country under the confederation of Canada.

1-DSC_0069

         Giant Canada-Cake in the Provincial Park on Canada Day

And while Canadians are firing off one firework after the other, our American neighbours are preparing for Independence Day and their own fireworks. We are wishing them Good Luck with their celebrations.

2 comments:

  1. You can dance
    You can jive
    Having the time of your life
    See that girl
    Watch that scene
    Dig in the dancing queen

    Glad you enjoyed your Canada Day....we're off to Belgrade Lakes parade and fireworks over the lake tonight for our Independence Day celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful time in your shop. Great when you can dance around and don't care who's looking or what people think.

    ReplyDelete

We like to hear from you. You can add your comment here: